Project Management Director
Proserv is an industry leading controls technology company with an extensive brand heritage reaching back 60 years. We operate in over 60 countries worldwide, working from 14 global sites. By combining technical ingenuity with design, engineering, manufacturing and field service expertise, we create innovative solutions that can be applied to standardised systems.
Overall responsibility of the Project rests with the Project Management Director who has the authority to act and commit on the behalf of Proserv Management, being the main point of contact with Client.
The Project Management Director will be responsible for delivering major subsea and surface projects to key clients. Ensuring that the Contract is executed in accordance with Proserv procedures and Contract requirements, Meeting targets set in terms of HSE and Quality, while achieving schedule constraints and financial objectives.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Establish with Client and within Project Team, Project vision, goals and success criteria and implement these.
- Establish a Project Execution Plan for completion of the Project demonstrating excellence throughout.
- Put forward a clear understanding of HSE throughout the Project and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Project phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system.
- Establish the Project organisation and secure sufficient and qualified resources throughout the duration of the Project.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision-making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Establish a positive working relationship with Client.
- Ensure that a complete package of tender documentation is available at or immediately after Contract Award to achieve effective handover of the tender.
- Ensure at the beginning of the Contract that the detailed budget against which the Contract performance will be measured is prepared,
- Provide regular feedback of “lessons learnt”.
- Ensure that Proserv tools are in place and utilized to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring project cost model is maintained and that changes are communicated in a timely manner to maintain project cashflow profile. Identify and manage Contract changes and notify Client in a timely manner of impact on cost, schedule and contractual obligations.
- Ensure monitoring, co-ordination and management of the work being performed by all Function Managers, Subcontractors and Vendors involved in the Contract.
- Ensure that all internal and external interfaces are identified and closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Project financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
- Accurate and timely reporting of Project status to Client and to management.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contract, both with Client and Subcontractors.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by line management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Proven and demonstrable Subsea industry experience managing projects.
- Experience delivering major subsea projects to global E&P companies.
- Project delivery experience in project execution processes and principles.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Degree qualified in one of the following disciplines of Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Preferred, Microsoft AX12.
The Project Management Director will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
- Position base limited to the following countries: UK (Norfolk), USA (Houston) and Norway (Trondheim), full time.
- Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines.
- It is not expected that the Project Management Director will have to work offshore.
- It is expected that the Project Management Director will have to visit other facilities and main Subcontractors during the course of Projects.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.